Archive for the Trade Shows Category
- Blog, Trade Shows, Ugly Mug - 14 August 2009 - No comment
- Worst in Show – the Ugliest Mug of All (pictured): Jim Knight
- Day One Winner: Stacey Markus
- Day Two Winner (tie): Gail Ross, Kelty, and Nathan Salmon, Utilikilts
- Day Three Winner: Bradon Maughan, Aloha Ski & Snowboard
- Honorable Mention – Team: Jane Rackl and Melanie McLean, Leki
- Honorable Mention – Oversharing: Shannon Walton, Schoeller Textiles
- Special Mention – SNEWS : Michael Hodgson, SNEWS
- Blog, Stuff we like, Trade Shows, Ugly Mug - 24 July 2009 - No comment
- Blog, gallery, Trade Shows, Ugly Mug - 23 July 2009 - No comment
- Blog, Trade Shows, Ugly Mug - 22 July 2009 - No comment
- Blog, Trade Shows, User Reviews, Thoughts, and Videos - 5 April 2009 - 1 comment
The dubious honor of Worst in Show, the very Ugliest Mug we saw at Outdoor Retailer, the face that caused us to shudder in disbelief . . . well, here it is.
St. George, UT, August 13, 2009, – Sometimes when you win, you lose. Such is the case with Clik Elite’s™ Ugly Mug contest held at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market. After sequestering themselves for some time to discuss the Mugs, the Clik™ team has made their decision. Please salute the 2009 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market Ugly Mug Winners (click on their name to see their mug):
Says Walton: “I’m so glad I didn’t win – whew. I was worried when the office here in Seattle told me someone called to say I won the ugly mug contest.” While Walton did her best with her display of half-chewed sunflower-seed trail-mix stuff, Jim Knight was unstoppable. “He scared us,” says Clik Elite’s™ Gheen Hillman, “We’ve known him for years, but this man in the photo – this is not the man we know. But we congratulate Jim along with everyone that rolled their eyes, puffed out their cheeks, and stuck out their tongues in the name of good, ugly fun.”
Ugly Mug will run again at Winter Market, so get practicing. If you need a little help, here are some of tried-and-true prompts:
- You just ate a bad peanut (wretching face is perfect for the Ugly Mug)
- You just ran over a skunk (genuine look of horror and disgust could merit a daily prize)
- Your dog just dragged rancid chicken from the garbage can across the floor (get this one right and it’s Grand Prize material for sure)
It was another doozy of a day for the Ugly Mug contest. Fearless photographers approach strangers for their ugliest mug. It’s amazing what people are willing to deliver. *********
The second day of Outdoor Retailer delivered a new batch of Ugly Mugs. We’re having a great time connecting with y’all at the show. It’s been busy at the booth–we love the interest in Clik’s products and philosophy. Check out these beauties. *******
Our first day of the Ugly Mug Photo Contest was great. So many attractive people willing transformed themselves into Ugly Mugs just for us. A few people did it unwillingly, but we’re persuasive. Enjoy the results, and you’ll want to try a few of these yourself.
John from photographyreview.com stopped by the booth at PMA. One of the things that got John excited about Clik Elite is our attention to hydration. If you’re out on the trail for a photo shoot, we realize you’ll need water.
Seems kind of obvious, but we’re pretty excited to be breaking new ground when it comes to providing camera packs that will also keep you hydrated. Check out John’s review and his online photo community.